Inspired by Xin and other bloggers, I wanted to share the contents of my work bag. All of this stuff gets stored in either this tote or this nylon backpack, and placed in a bike basket on my commute to work.
- Laptop: What can I say, laptop = life! I carry the laptop back and forth between home and the office, so weight was key. This model is the 12″ Macbook, which I don’t recommend due the build quality, ugh (screen and trackpad are failing after 2 years).
- Papers in sleeve: I use these colorful plastic sleeves to store papers I’m reading and other documents. The sleeve is light and prevents papers from getting crumpled.
- Notebook: I got this notebook for free somewhere, and it’s pretty good quality. I use some variant of the bullet journal, which I started a few months ago and has worked well so far. Mostly because I feel that the act of writing something down and organizing it relieves stress.
- Pen: This particular pen is red to mark up the papers I’m reviewing 👿
- Earbuds: Useful for podcasts and talking to my partner on the phone. I prefer cheap ones that can get beat up or lost. I get super irritated if I can’t find these and actually have to use my arm muscles to hold the phone to my head. I guess I should hit the gym more often!
- Sunglasses: Protect my eyes while outside. Again, I prefer cheap ones so that I don’t have to worry. Although it’s winter right now, southern California is so sunny! I get headaches if it’s too hot and sunny, so these sunglasses, plus a good hat, are essential.
- Chapstick: I’m ADDICTED to chapstick. I feel naked if I accidentally leave the house without it. Carmex is the most moisturizing in my opinion, followed by the tinted Burt’s Bees. I don’t like Eos because they’re too bulky. I have chapsticks stashed everywhere – at home, at the office, in my bag, in the car. I shudder to think how much chapstick I’ve probably eaten over the years!
- Eye drops: Since I wear contacts and stare at the screen all day, I use these eye drops to reduce dryness.
- Bike multi-tool: I don’t usually carry this around, but I recently installed a bike mirror and need to adjust it on the road to get the perfect orientation.
- Keys: I don’t have a keychain but I have this silver safety whistle, lol. Car keys, condo keys, house keys, and office keys. Too many keys!
- Phone (not shown): I have Google Pixel which works fine.
- Wallet: I use a Comme des Garcons half-zip wallet. Inside are my credit card, debit card, driver’s license, work ID, business card, cash, and coins. Also a Costco membership card because I over-shop there despite being living alone 😛
If I’m not going to work, I’ll take a subset of these items: phone, wallet, keys, and chapstick.
What’s in your bag? Any must-have items, like my chapstick addiction?